How to access previous appointment notes
Past appointments can be reviewed any time until the end of the semester. Comments made in the chat are automatically stored as well as any edits or changes made on the whiteboard.
--Both the chat and the whiteboard are confidential spaces; the CWE will not share the contents of your appointment with anyone except you.
TIP: During your appointments (including face-to-face and Zoom sessions), make notes on the whiteboard so they are saved for you. You will be able to return to them later and don’t have to worry about losing them.
Here are the steps to return to a previous appointment. If you need assistance, please call us and we can help you over the phone: 973-655-7442.
1. Sign into the CWE schedule.
2. Click on the calendar icon in the first blue line of the schedule.
3. Use the left arrow on the calendar to go back to a previous month
4. Next, select the day of your appointment. If you don’t know the exact date, call us or check week by week. Your appointments will appear in orange, so they are easy to spot.
5. After you click on your orange appointment, the appointment box will pop up. Click the red START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION link to reopen your past appointment. (This does not start a new appointment if you are on a previous day/time.)
6. A screen will open showing the whiteboard space from your session, as well as the chat. If you don’t see your chat on the right side of the screen, click the CHAT box in the lower right side corner.
7. Close out the screen when you are finished reviewing your session.
MARCH 19, 2023
SPRING BREAK HOURS
In-person and online appointments are available March 5-12. Catch up or get a head start on the rest of spring semester!
- Sunday 3/5: 4:00-9:00pm (online only)
- Monday 3/6: 10:00am-8:00pm (face-to-face and online)
- Tuesday 3/7: 10:00am-8:00pm (face-to-face and online)
- Wednesday 3/8: 10:00am-8:00pm (online only)
- Thursday 3/9: 10:00am-8:00pm (face-to-face and online)
- Friday 3/10: 10:00am-4:00pm (face-to-face and online)
- Saturday 3/11: 11:00am-4:00pm (online only)
- Sunday 3/12: 4:00pm-9:00pm (online only)
Call us at the phone number posted here for immediate assistance: 973-655-7442.
ZOOM option now available!
Appointments are now available with the option to Zoom. Make sure to select YES when you schedule your appointment if you prefer to talk with your consultant through Zoom. If you select NO, your online appointment will take place entirely through the chat interface here in WCOnline.
How to Zoom with the CWE:
2. Click on the red "Start or join online consultation" link.
4. Your consultant will then send you a Zoom link.
CWE CANCELLATION AND MISSED APPOINTMENT/NO-SHOW POLICY
ALL CANCELLATIONS must be made THE NIGHT BEFORE your appointment; the DEADLINE to cancel is 11:59 pm.
After 2 SAME DAY CANCELLATIONS or 1 MISSED APPOINTMENT AND 1 SAME-DAY CANCELLATION, your account will be disabled for one month. A third Late Cancellation or Missed Appointment will disable your account for the rest of the semester. No exceptions.
After 2 MISSED APPOINTMENTS/NO-SHOWS, your account will be disabled for the entire semester.
- Any scheduled future appointments will be cancelled
- You can still have appointments but on a DROP-IN BASIS ONLY. Call the phone number on this page when the center is open to see if a drop-in session is available.
- Your account is restored at the end of the semester (or after one month for 2 late cancellations).
If you need assistance with our schedule or accessing your online appointment, call the CWE: 973-655-7442.
See our website for more info: montclair.edu/center-for-writing-excellence
DIRECTIONS FOR ONLINE APPOINTMENTS
1) Log in to your account the same way you scheduled your appointment.
2) Click on your appointment on the scheduled time and date. (Make sure to allow pop-ups for this website!)
3) In the middle of the appointment box you will see START OR JOIN ONLINE CONSULTATION in red letters. Click that link.
4) The online session screen will open. If you have not already attached your piece of writing to your appointment box, you can now upload it copy & paste into the center of your screen.
5) In the lower right corner is the chat box; type your questions and comments there. You will see your chat dialogue with your consultant on the right side directly above the chat box.
--If you have chosen the Zoom option, your consultant will send you the Zoom link in the chat.
If you have any problems or questions about logging in for your online appointment, call the CWE for immediate assistance: 973-655-7442. If you have problems connecting to WiFi, please consider these resources: MSU: Internet Access and Hotspot.
THE CWE IS LOCATED IN BOHN HALL.
Look for the separate CWE entrance to the left of Bohn Hall's main entrance.
Bohn Hall is the tall white building located between Blanton Hall and Webster Hall, close to the Student Recreation Center. www.montclair.edu/campus-map
Need help finding us? Call the CWE during our open hours: 973-655-7442 or visit our website: montclair.edu/center-for-writing-excellence.
Welcome to WCOnline 5.2! To get started, register for an account by clicking the link to the left.